Tuesday 27 September 2016

The beginning of an amateurs writing journey

THURSDAY 11TH AUGUST: THE BEGINNING

The day I had anticipated had finally come. Driving down from Kyabram was a one and a half hour drive so it felt like forever to get to the historic Bendigo but I made it. All I remember was saying to myself I need to be there on time. 9.00, 9.30, finally I just made it in time at 10.am on the dot. Phewww. I didn’t want to be the only one that came late and looked like an idiot. Walking into the Visual Arts Centre (VAC) was a little intimidating it was a nice formal building and there everyone was. “Excuse me, I’m here for the WIA”, I say nervously. “Yes this way, your name please?” I walk into a room with everyone looking very eager to start the next few days. I sit down and wait for Sue to commence the class. What an enthusiastic woman I thought.  Not only motivating, but extremely excited and passionate about the festival to commence. To me she set the WIA festival on a high.   

Sue introduces all of the content and what will be happening over the weekend. We are shown our upcoming assessments and are asked if we have any questions. After this, we’re first given our festival passes in which get us to all sessions and any sessions of our choice. Secondly we are handed our own personalized T-Shirts with the print “Bendigo Writers Festival” in order for us to look more professional and distinguished.  “Get ready for a busy weekend” Sue says.

Once Sue finishes the class it was all on us to get the most out of this jam-packed weekend. “Here I go”, lets get inspired,” I say to myself.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment